Chocoholics...BEWARE!! Delightful Gooeiness Ahead!

THE CULPRITS:



1 cup butter, melted

3 cups white sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

4 eggs

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

**optional…Pam to coat your baking dish**




Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)and lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish. I used Pam.

Combine the melted butter, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each, until thoroughly blended….




Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Instead of using a sifter, I use a colander. I mix all the ingredients with a spoon as they go thru the colander. Then you want to gradually stir the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until blended.



****DISCLOSURE…this may cause a huge haze of flour in your kitchen, not allowing you to see a thing, sneeze, then having a truckload (not really) of flour to clean up.***



By hand, stir in the chocolate morsels, then spread the hole yummy thing it in your baking dish.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes….I always start checking a couple minutes before with my handy dandy toothpick.



Now the instructions say to cool completely before cutting. I never listen to this step, but in this recipe it is IMPORTANT. The top of the brownies still need to harden J

It was either from the sweet fumes coming from these little pretties, or the cloud of flour that immersed me as I stirred them into existence, but unfortunately this is the end of my pictures. I was taking the brownies to a party and I simply forgot to take a picture of the finished ones. I can tell you they were a smashing hit and every morsel was devoured.

Hmmm…maybe I should make more today J


Take a bite...and bask in the glorious deliciousness of CHOCOLATE....like Mr. "M" here.



The original recipe was from
Allrecipes"




1 comment:

Mandy England said...

Yum! This recipe looks delicious! I'll have to try it. . .