The most wonderful time of the year...

It is the time of year that I love the most, the weather goes from muggy and hot to crisp and cool.  The leaves go from bright green to beautiful shades of orange and yellow.  And our shirts go from tanks to long sleeved.  It makes me want to sit outside with a cup of warm cocoa and just listen to the leaves falling.  I can't help to drift back to my childhood to the fun of jumping into a pile of fresh raked leaves and the smell of fresh baked apple pie from my mom's kitchen.  I hope that I too can make these timeless traditions a part of my own kids' lives.  And that they may one day think back to those times as well.

I am not sure if it because it seems to have cooled off a bit earlier this year or the fact that I am wore out from a summer spent in the sun, but I am ready to start the holidays.  I am ready to start baking and preparing for our Thanksgiving dinner and ready to start taking out my Christmas boxes and decorating our tree.  I am ready to see my kids faces light up as we turn the twinkle lights on for the first time this year.....I am ready.

As I leave you with these thoughts I hope that you too can take a minute and reminisce of the days gone by, enjoy each day to the fullest, and be thankful for all of your blessings.

Until we meet again,
Ingrid

No comments: