Thank you.

You know that time when you have so much going on that you don't really sit down to think?  We'll the other morning I found myself ALONE in my car with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company.  You should know that I am a big GABBER, so my thoughts were coming by the boat loads :)  As I basked in the glory of silence, no "MOOOOOM he's hitting me", or "MOOOOOOM turn on a movie" I got an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach.  You see my parents who are doing Missionary work in South America have been visiting us for the past 2 months.  My mom is a typical Italian mom that has been doing the bulk of cleanin, cooking and child-rearing at my house.  In someways I reverted back to high school, letting her take the reigns over the house and I sat by and focused on my business.  We'll she and my dad are leaving tomorrow and it has just him me.  There will be no more sleeping in, no more peace and quite.  I will wake up Wednesday to the reality of MY REAL LIFE.  In my obscure demented mind I have been trying to convince them to come and live with us, but I know that the work God has for them is very important.  They are helping so many people and sharing the Word of God throughout the world.  And really this is my biggest blessing.  To have a mom and dad that are selfless to God and that are following His will despite their selfish daughters wishes.  :)  I thank God everyday to have such loving grandparents for my children and loving in-laws for my husband, but mostly I am so thankful that they are Christians and have taught me to seek God first.  I hope that I will be able to follow in their footsteps for my own
children.  So thank you mom and dad.....I will miss you while you are away, but I look foward to seeing you again soon.  




Love, Ingrid

No comments: