Ode to Mr. Peabody


Mr Peabody for those of you that don't know, is my trustee companion, a blue seam ripper.  I have usually taken him for granted and often spoken of how I hate to use him.  It is in my deepest regret that I inform you all that my ol'blue buddy has gone missing.  Perhaps by the small hands of a 4 or smaller hands of a 2 year old.  I have searched high and low, overturning fabric and threads, yet he is no where to be found.  I have drafted this to him in the event that he may return to me:

Dear Mr. Peabody,

In the past day, it was brought to my attention that you have gone missing.  I am afraid that it could be in part my fault.  I am afraid that I have not been the nicest to you.  In fact it is usually when I am looking for you, that I am in the worst of moods.  I usually reach for you in a frustrated state of mind, wondering where I have gone wrong.  Recalling these such events has brought me to the conclusion that I have neglected you.  Please accept this as a deeply true apology that is perhaps a bit overdue, but hopefully not entirely too late.  

I have in fact seen the err of my ways and want to take this time to tell you that I miss you immensely and I can no longer create without your assistance.  I will promise to be kinder and happier at the sight of you.  If you can accept my apologies, I will be here waiting with a pile of clothes that need mending.

Yours truly,
Ingrid


-~~Oh NO!  Has anyone seen my pin cushion!!!



No comments: