(heart) glasses

I know that I have said it before, but I truly love Christmas.  Yeah I am like everyone else that enjoys to see Christmas lights and people more cheerful than usual :), but to me Christmas is so, so, so, much more.  

When I was growing up, we never celebrated Santa, we grew up celebrating baby Jesus' Birthday.  I can remember in first grade being called out by the teacher.  She pulled me aside to tell me that it was not right that I was saying that there was no such thing as SC.  In my first grade brain, I could not even fathom any understanding in which that made sense.  I remember feeling horrible.  As I grew older, I had a lot more tolerance for the subject and even entertained the thought a time or two.  It wasn't until I became a Christian, my sophomore year in High School that my teachings as a child caught up with me.  I definitely began to see things in a new light.  It was like my friend describes the first day she wore glasses...she was astounded that there were leaves on the trees because up to that point, she had just seen green blobs. That was me.  I was just seeing blobs and that year, I put my (heart) glasses on and saw the world in a new way.  That is why Christmas is so special to me.  I hope that at my house we celebrated it everyday.  Maybe not with a tree or lights, but in our hearts rejoicing  and sharing God's love.

I hope that you too are touched by the light of God this year and are able to put on your (heart) glasses.

No comments: